- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Commandments are for salvation of all mankind
To the editor:
Recently, someone wrote that the Ten Commandments are only for Christians. Nothing could be further from the truth.
God's rules for man's conduct were given from the beginning of time for all mankind, and they were reinforced by God through his prophet, Moses, on Mount Sinai, making a more systematic way for instructors to teach students to learn God's will for our conduct.
This same God, the only true God, says, "I, the Lord, that is my name, and my glory will I not give to another."
Because of sin that entered the world, no one can keep God's law perfectly. Therefore, God sent the savior, Jesus Christ, the world's one and only salvation, so that "Whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." This includes every last person on this earth.
LEONARD A. KUEHNERT