- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Man charged in death of son
DEXTER, Mo. -- A Dexter man, Jeremy A. Whittemore, 23, was charged Friday with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the shaking death of his six-month old son. Police received a 911 call on Dec. 2 reporting that Whittemore's son, Jacob, was not responsive.
The boy was taken to St. Louis Children's Hospital, where he died Friday.
Investigators found the boy had injuries consistent with shaken baby syndrome, in addition to other prior injuries that had not been reported.