- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 12/08/03
Styles by Shery opens in Big Barn
Styles by Shery has opened recently between Cape Girardeau and Jackson in the upper level of the Big Barn next to the water slide. Shery Varney has been a hairstylist in the Cape Girardeau-Jackson area for more than 20 years. Varney will be offering a full range of haircare services, which will include precision haircuts for men and women, perms and color weaves.
Local broker recognized for performance
Donna J. Domian, investment representative for Edward Jones, was recently honored by the firm for her job performance with an invitation to the company's annual managing partner's conference in St. Louis. The three-day meeting pools the company's most successful representatives for a discussion with John Bachmann, Edward Jones' managing partner, on issues facing the firm and the financial services industry. Domian was one of 300 representatives out of more than 9,200 Edward Jones brokers nationwide to attend the conference.
Maurices names new store manager
Maurices in Cape Girardeau has named Nicole Minch as store manager. Minch will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store, including sales performance, visual presentation, personnel recruitment and training. Maurices is owned by American Retail Group, which operates more than 400 stores nationwide.
Blumenberg named agent of the month
Chuck Blumenberg of Cape Girardeau has been named the November agent of the month for Modern Woodmen of America's Missouri East Agency. Blumenberg joined Modern Woodmen's Rainwater Agency in Farmington, Mo., in 2002. Modern Woodmen of America is a fraternal life insurance society headquartered in Rock Island, Ill.
-- From staff reports