- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cards reach deals with Eldred, Kline
ST. LOUIS -- The Cardinals brought back two of their relievers Sunday, agreeing to a $1.7 million, one-year contract with left-hander Steve Kline and a $900,000, one-year deal with right-hander Cal Eldred.
Kline, 31, led St. Louis with 78 appearances last season -- the fifth time in six years he was in 75 or more games.
Kline was 5-5 with a 3.82 ERA last season. He has a 25-28 career record with a 3.46 ERA and 33 saves in 522 games.
Eldred, 36, was 7-4 with a 3.74 ERA and eight saves for a career record of 81-72 with a 4.52 ERA. He appeared in a career-high 62 games, striking out 67 in 67 1/3 innings.