- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast wins nine events at Arkansas St. indoor meet
JONESBORO, Ark. -- Southeast Missouri State University's track team won nine events in its season-opening indoor meet Sunday at Arkansas State.
The women's team won seven events: Lindsay Stevenson, Nyisha Porter, Juanita Coleman and Laquita Andrews won the 1,600 relay; Andrews won the 400; Coleman won the 800; Michelle Jett won the pole vault; Lindsay Meyr won the long jump; and Heather Jenkins won the shot put and weight throw.
Jay Heddell won the shot put for the men, and Daniel Jones won the weight throw with a school-record toss of 54 feet, 6 inches.
No team scores were kept.