- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Angela Denise Stricker and Paul David Christian were united in marriage Aug. 23, 2003, at St. Henry Catholic Church. Msgr. Richard Rolwing performed the ceremony. Readers were Mary Weber of Jackson, aunt of the bride, and Laura DeJournett of Dexter, cousin of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Carl and Bernadette Stricker of Charleston. The groom is the son of Gary and Patricia Christian of Dexter, Mo., and Robert and Regena Barrett of Wappapello, Mo.
Man of honor was Garrett Stricker of Charleston, brother of the bride, and matron of honor was Robyn Albrecht of Staunton, Ill. Bridesmaids were Carrie Morgan of Independence, Mo., and Stephanie Slaten-Shreve of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the bride, and Jennifer Foley of Sikeston, Mo.
Bryan Walters of Dexter was best man. Groomsmen were Aaron Woolard of Cape Girardeau, Travis Adams of Dexter, and Garrett Stricker.
Flower girl was Chloe Christian, cousin of the groom. She is the daughter of Laurie Christian of Springdale, Ark., and the late Brad Christian.
Myra Gunn of Charleston attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Servers were Rose Spears of Bell City, Clara LeGrand and Martha Slaten of Cape Girardeau, all aunts of the bride; Deena Glenn of Charleston and Trisha LeGrand of Benton.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 22 at Susie's Bake Shoppe and Restaurant.
Mrs. Christian is a graduate of Thomas W. Kelly High School in Benton, Mo. She received a bachelor of science degree in dental hygiene from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. She is a registered dental hygienist with the office of Dr. Jeffrey D. Patton in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a graduate of Dexter High School. He is employed by United Parcel Service in Sikeston.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple is residing in Benton.