- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Pamela Jean Schmidt and Michael Derek Oslund exchanged vows June 20, 2003, at St. John's United Church of Christ in St. Charles, Mo. Dan Green and the Rev. Ric Zuch performed the ceremony. Readers were Jennifer Huber of Des Moines, Iowa, and Scarlett Cook of Cape Girardeau.
Pianist was Shane Steck of Cape Girardeau, and vocalists were Allison Oslund of St. Louis and Heath Self of Sikeston, Mo.
Parents of the couple are Robert and Priscilla Schmidt of Maryland Heights, Mo., and Eric and Kathy Oslund of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Sarah Pennington of St. Louis. Bridesmaids were Anna-Marie Beard of Ironton, Mo.; Maeve Roach of St. Peters, Mo.; Ann Osborne of Cape Girardeau; Kayla and Amy Haupt of Wisconsin Rapids, Wis., cousins of the bride.
Robert Negless of Honolulu, Hawaii, was best man. Groomsmen were Jason Roddy and Aaron Roth of Cape Girardeau, James Freddenburg of Loveland, Colo., Jason Oslund of St. Louis, brother of the groom, and Jeff Schmidt of St. Louis, brother of the bride. Ushers were Lynn Chumbley of O'Fallon, Mo., uncle of the bride, and Phil Huber of Des Moines, brother-in-law of the groom.
Candlelighters were Kate Porter and Becky Rohan of St. Louis.
Brodie Cowhey and Heather Dockins attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at The Heart of St. Charles.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 19 at the church.
Mrs. Oslund received a degree in marketing from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed at Nordenia USA Inc.
The groom is majoring in nursing at Southeast University. He is employed at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.