- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Debra Kay Richardson and Vernon L. Norfolk Jr. were married Nov. 14, 2003, in Charleston, Mo. The Rev. Gerald Collier performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Ruth Slavit of Crystal City, Mo., and the late Max Slavit. The groom is the son of Vernon Norfolk Sr. of Old Appleton, Mo., and Leonard and Jeanie Tournear of Quincy, Ill.
Matron of honor was Brenda Wachter of Jackson.
Robert Miller of Charleston was best man.
Mrs. Norfolk received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a registered nurse at St. Francis Medical Center.
The groom attended Perryville High School. He is self-employed in timber and mulch.
The couple is residing at Old Appleton.