- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Clarence Pecaut Jr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Clarence T. Pecaut Jr., 77, of Perryville died Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2003, at St. Luke's West in Chesterfield, Mo.
He was born Nov. 8, 1926, in Perryville, son of Clarence Thomas and Olivia Marie Charvaux Pecaut Sr. He and Valeria Leible were married April 12, 1947.
Pecaut was a retired assembly line worker at International Shoe Co. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, American Legion Post 133, and VFW Post 4282.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Sharon Heien of Florissant, Mo.; a son, Mike Pecaut of Dallas, Texas; two sisters, Stella Fassold and Velda Winkler of Perryville; a brother, Donald Pecaut of Perryville; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, two sisters, a brother, and a stepsister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. A Catholic wake will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, followed by the VFW wake at 7:15. The rosary will be recited at 8:15 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent's Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, with graveside rites by American Legion Post 133.