- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Clifton E. Dunn, 71, of Carbondale died Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2003, at Herrin Hospital.
He was born April 13, 1932, in Cypress, Ill., son of Otis and Lillie Johnson Dunn. He and Betty Wilkins were married March 27, 1958, in Mississippi. She died Feb. 26, 2002.
Dunn was a brakeman with the railroad. He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include two sons, Randy Dunn of Carbondale, Jeff Dunn of Goreville, Ill.; a daughter, Cathy Powell of Pittsburg, Ill.; two stepsons, Steve Casper of Anna, Ill., Jerry Casper of Cape Girardeau; a stepdaughter, Betty Boyd of Anna; four sisters, Fern Mullinax, Marjorie Muhlenbien and Dorothy Kelley, all of Vienna, Ill., Lucille Bunch of Metropolis, Ill.; a brother, Glenn Dunn of Fairfield, Ill.; and a friend, Elizabeth Smith of Carterville, Ill.
He was preceded in death by two sisters and three brothers.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tommy Monroe officiating. Burial will be in Cypress Masonic Cemetery.