- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Lucille Lutz, 91, of Anna died Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2003, at Herrin Hospital in Herrin, Ill.
She was born Jan. 23, 1912, in Fulton, Tenn., daughter of Clarence W. and Era Netherland Shelton. She and Norman Wahl were married in 1937. He died in 1956. She and Jerome A. Lutz were married in 1962. He died in 1994.
Lutz owned and operated Wahl Jewelers many years. She also worked in the business office at Cunningham Electric, and retired from the business office at the former Anna State Hospital. She was a member of Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Nancy Spejcher of Lombard, Ill.; a son, Edward Wahl of Marion, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Becky Brimm of Anna; two sisters, Nan Dougherty of Coon Rapids, Minn., Dr. Margaret Moore of Harrisburg, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a stepdaughter.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Steve Wilkinson officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.