- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Less than 1 hour away
Murphysboro Apple Festival
The Murphysboro Apple Festival prides itself on providing family fun, billing itself as Southern Illinois' oldest and largest alcohol-free festival. More than 45,000 people are expected to attend the festival -- which started Wednesday -- over its five days. As part of the festival, the General John A. Logan Museum will unveil its new special exhibit, "April 1865: Lincoln, Grant and Logan."
For more information on the festival, call 800-406-8774.
Less than 2 hours away
We'd be willing to wager you've never seen a performance Shakespeare's famously cursed tragedy "Macbeth" quite like this. Three actors perform the parts of 24 characters in this play that debuted last weekend and concludes with shows Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Tower Grove Park. The production is presented by the Hydeware Theatre group.
For more information, call (314) 368-7306.
Great Forest Park Balloon Race
The Great Forest Park Balloon Race started back in 1973, just an idea by four hot-air balloon enthusiasts who wanted to try out their balloons. Today organizers says it's the most well-attended single-day balloon race in the country.
Attendance is free, and about 130,000 spectators are expected to converge on Forest Park to check out the 70 balloons that will compete in the race.
For more information, visit www.greatforestparkballoonrace.com.
Less than 3 hours away
"The Lion King"
Memphis, Tenn.'s, Orpheum Theatre has been showing Disney's Tony award-winning Broadway version of "The Lion King" since August. Now the show is about to end its several-week run. Performances are slated for tonight through Sunday, with matinees Saturday and Sunday.