- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Anna W. "Billie" Elias, 89, of Cairo died Monday, Sept. 3, 2007, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born March 25, 1918, in Cairo, daughter of William Thomas and Estella Waterman Clanton. She married George S. Elias, who preceded her in death.
Elias was a teller 36 years at First Bank and Trust Co. in Cairo. She was a member of Mighty Rivers Regional Worship Center and former president of Cairo Business and Professional Women's Club.
Survivors include two sons, James Elias of Sherman Oaks, Calif., Thomas Elias of Arlington, Va.; four grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four sisters and two granddaughters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo, and from 9 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Mighty Rivers Center.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the center, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.