- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
THEBES, Ill. -- Arbey Crown, 90, of Thebes died at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2007, at Monticello House in Jackson.
He was born Jan. 31, 1917, in Pocahontas, Ark., son of James Emmett and Betty Levil Crown. He married Lois Kelley, who preceded him in death in 1985. He later married Mary Jane Cole Dec. 4, 1987. She preceded him in death Dec. 22, 2003.
Crown was a member of Alexander Free Will Baptist Church. He worked for the Celeron Oil and Gas Co. near Taft, Calif., many years. He loved to fish and hunt.
He served his country honorably in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include a stepson, Lynn (Gracie) Cole of Thebes; four stepgrandchildren; nine great-stepgrandchildren; a nephew, Paul (Maxine) Lewis of Machesney Park, Ill.; two nieces, Brenda (Jim) Larry of Villa Ridge, Ill., and Sandy (Bill) Sharp of Olive Branch, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wives; three brothers, David, Richard and Bill Crown; and a sister, Mary Frans.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lacie Betts and the Rev. Michael Lynn Sharp officiating. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.