- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rita Jo Anderson, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Oct. 23, 1916, in Puxico, Mo., daughter of Thomas and Jane Fears Harbin. She and Paul W. Anderson were married June 8, 1940, in Blytheville, Ark. He died Aug. 31, 1998.
Mrs. Anderson moved to Cape Girardeau from Puxico as a teenager. She worked at Bambee Bakery. Mrs. Anderson retired from J.C. Penney, where she was a bookkeeper 30 years. She had also worked at the Firestone Store.
She was a member of First Baptist Church and was in a Sunday school class. She was a lifetime member of OES.
Survivors include two daughters, Patricia L. O'Connor and husband Michael of Greenville, Texas, Cathy J. Anderson of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren, David O'Connor of The Colony, Texas, and Kelly Kristin O'Connor of Plano, Texas; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call Saturday from 10 a.m. until service time at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Shupert officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Community Counseling Center Foundation.