- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Contributors are the real heroes
To the editor:Congratulations to the Muscular Dystrophy Association locally for an extremely successful telethon. I have always watched MDA's success with a selfish interest, using it as a barometer for our United Way campaign each year. And each year I'm pleased to watch MDA's donations increase. Both of our organizations make sure the money is invested well in our local community, but those who contribute are the real heroes.
We have just kicked off another United Way campaign and appeal to everyone in the community to help us meet the need. We are challenged every year to get in front of more people. We ask you to please take the initiative to call 334-9634 or visit www.unitedwayofsemo.org and make a pledge today. Help us to pay it forward, strengthening our families and our community.
NANCY JERNIGAN, Executive Director, United Way of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau