- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Contributors are the real heroes
To the editor:Congratulations to the Muscular Dystrophy Association locally for an extremely successful telethon. I have always watched MDA's success with a selfish interest, using it as a barometer for our United Way campaign each year. And each year I'm pleased to watch MDA's donations increase. Both of our organizations make sure the money is invested well in our local community, but those who contribute are the real heroes.
We have just kicked off another United Way campaign and appeal to everyone in the community to help us meet the need. We are challenged every year to get in front of more people. We ask you to please take the initiative to call 334-9634 or visit www.unitedwayofsemo.org and make a pledge today. Help us to pay it forward, strengthening our families and our community.
NANCY JERNIGAN, Executive Director, United Way of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau