- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)10
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Contributors are the real heroes
To the editor:Congratulations to the Muscular Dystrophy Association locally for an extremely successful telethon. I have always watched MDA's success with a selfish interest, using it as a barometer for our United Way campaign each year. And each year I'm pleased to watch MDA's donations increase. Both of our organizations make sure the money is invested well in our local community, but those who contribute are the real heroes.
We have just kicked off another United Way campaign and appeal to everyone in the community to help us meet the need. We are challenged every year to get in front of more people. We ask you to please take the initiative to call 334-9634 or visit www.unitedwayofsemo.org and make a pledge today. Help us to pay it forward, strengthening our families and our community.
NANCY JERNIGAN, Executive Director, United Way of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau