- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Contributors are the real heroes
To the editor:Congratulations to the Muscular Dystrophy Association locally for an extremely successful telethon. I have always watched MDA's success with a selfish interest, using it as a barometer for our United Way campaign each year. And each year I'm pleased to watch MDA's donations increase. Both of our organizations make sure the money is invested well in our local community, but those who contribute are the real heroes.
We have just kicked off another United Way campaign and appeal to everyone in the community to help us meet the need. We are challenged every year to get in front of more people. We ask you to please take the initiative to call 334-9634 or visit www.unitedwayofsemo.org and make a pledge today. Help us to pay it forward, strengthening our families and our community.
NANCY JERNIGAN, Executive Director, United Way of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau