- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Joe E. Treece, 78, of Anna passed away Monday, Dec. 1, 2003, at Union County Hospital.
He was born June 10, 1925, in Paragould, Ark., son of Clyde and Bertha Ayers Treece. He and Marcia were married Sept. 15, 1949, in Anna.
Mr. Treece was a retired farmer, and also had worked for Union County Refuge. He was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Marcia; four sons and daughters-in-law, Eddie Treece of Anna, Billy and Connie Treece of Kankakee, Ill., Jerry and Barbara Treece of Las Vegas, Nev., David and Debbie Treece of Gilman, Ill.; four daughters and sons-in-law, Jean and Keith Livesay of Ware, Ill., Barbara and Terry Moss of Hampton, Tenn., Janet Ralls, Nancy and Jim Ralls of Anna.
Also a brother and sister-in-law, Jim and Ruby Treece of Cape Girardeau; five sisters and brothers-in-law, Mary Aaron of Belleville, Ill., Opal and Kenny Glasco of Marion, Ill., Martha Treece of Wolf Lake, Ill., Dorothy Treece of Ware, Doris and Joe Rumfelt of Jonesboro, Ill.; 13 grandchildren, Lisa Biggers, Shelly Kuchar, Brenda Martin, Bryan Livesay, Billy, Allison and Samantha Treece, Joshua and Jacob Moss, Shane Treece, Daniel and Tonya Ralls, Sara Treece; three great-grandchildren, Jonah Biggers, Austin Kuchar, Cameron Moss; several nieces and nephews; other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Davy Miller officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to American Heart Association or American Diabetes Association.