- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MoDOT road projects scheduled for Southeast Missouri next week
The following MoDOT road projects are scheduled for Southeast Missouri. Poor weather may cause dates to change.
The St. Louis and Iron Mountain Railroad, at the intersection of highways 34/72, 25 and U.S. 61 in Jackson, is slated for routine maintenance Saturday. The westbound left turn lane onto Hope Street will be among the work locations.
Route HH will be reduced to one lane from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday, weather permitting. Missouri Department of Transportation workers will be making drainage repairs. The work will take place on the stretch of road one mile north of Route HH's intersection with Highway 72. Drivers should expect to see work-zone signs.
MoDOT workers are also scheduled to seal pavement on Route H between Highway 51 and Route FF in Bollinger County.
For roadwork details, call MoDOT's customer service center at (888) 275-6636.
Also, Cape Girardeau will continue the overlay program for the 2007 year with the asphalt overlay of Lexington Avenue from Route W to Carolina Lane on the first day weather permits and will take about three days. Drivers should expect short delays.
335-6611, extension 127