- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Region briefs 12/3/03
Scott City man sentenced on gun, drug charges
A Scott City man was sentenced Tuesday in federal court to 24 years and eight months on charges of unlawful possession of pseudoephedrine and of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Kenneth E. Scott, 35, was found guilty following a bench trial Sept. 15. Testimony revealed that on Nov. 21, 2002, Scott made a suspicious purchase of pseudoephedrine at a Cape Girardeau store. Afterward, his vehicle was found in a Scott City convenience store parking lot while he was in the store. A search of his vehicle turned up several items associated with the making of methamphetamine and a loaded rifle.
Cape police wrap up seat belt campaign
Cape Girardeau police recently wrapped up the "Click It or Ticket" campaign to promote seat belt and child restraint use in vehicles.
Officers issued 39 safety belt tickets, 101 speeding tickets and 42 tickets for other traffic and moving violations. The department also increased enforcement of aggressive driving infractions, such as failure to yield and following too closely.
-- From staff reports