- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)19
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
People talk 12/3/03
Actor joins campaign to boost AIDS awareness
BOMBAY, India -- Richard Gere says he's started a campaign to bring together Bollywood movie stars, sports celebrities, business leaders and government officials to fight the spread of AIDS. "There is a lot of destigmatization that is needed," the 54-year-old actor said Monday. Some 4 million in India are infected with HIV/AIDS.
Singer's humanitarian work receives praise
ATLANTA -- U2 lead singer Bono will be recognized for his humanitarian work at an awards dinner hosted by the family of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. The Irish rock band's lead singer will be honored at the 2004 King Center "Salute to Greatness" awards dinner Jan. 17 in Atlanta. On Saturday, Bono participated in a World AIDS day concert hosted in Capetown, South Africa.
Burt Reynolds heading to southern Indiana
WEST BADEN SPRINGS, Ind. -- Filming is expected to begin in two weeks in southern Indiana on a $3 million movie starring Burt Reynolds. "Fish in a Barrel" also will feature comedian Alan King and rapper Sarai. "Fish in a Barrel" is the story of a poker game gone awry between two men with the same love interest.
Stones' Jagger makes time for palace visit
LONDON -- After months of uncertainty, Mick Jagger has managed to fit Queen Elizabeth II into his busy schedule. The Rolling Stones singer said Tuesday that he'll go to Buckingham Palace Dec. 12 to accept his knighthood. The Stones have played 114 shows worldwide over the past 15 months.
-- From wire reports