- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Scott City man sentenced on gun, drug charges
A Scott City man was sentenced Tuesday in federal court to 24 years and eight months on felony drug and gun charges.
Kenneth E. Scott, 35, was found guilty following a bench trial Sept. 15 of unlawful possession of pseudoephedrine and of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Autrey. Upon release from prison, Scott will be placed on supervised release for three years.
Testimony revealed that on Nov. 21, 2002, Scott made a suspicious purchase of psuedoephedrine at a Cape Girardeau store. Afterward, his vehicle was found in a Scott City convenince store parking lot while he was in the store. A search of his vehicle turned up several items associated with the making of methamphetamine and a loaded rifle.