- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
JONESBORO, Ill. -- John W. Thompson, 55, of Jonesboro died Friday, Nov. 28, 2003, at Union County Hospital.
He was born Aug. 3, 1948, in St. Louis, son of Ben Hollis and Fern Powles Thompson.
Thompson was a teacher at Anna Junior High School. He attended Anna Heights Baptist Church, and was a member of Dongola Masonic Lodge 581 in Dongola, Ill.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include a son, John Aaron of Mill Creek, Ill.; his mother of Dongola; three brothers, Dennis Thompson of Chico, Calif., David Thompson of Tempe, Ariz., and Steven Thompson of Cheney, Wash.
He was preceded in death by his father and grandparents.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Harner officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery near Dongola.