- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Barry John Wilburn, 58, of Barlow, Ky., died Monday, Dec. 1, 2003, at his home.
He was born Oct. 9, 1945, in Mound City, son of Glena Fiessinger Wilburn. He and Kathy Hinman Polley were married Nov. 7, 1988.
Wilburn was a self-employed painter. He was a former member of Barlow American Legion.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Bill Polley Jr. of Wickliffe, Ky., Russell Polley of Mound City, 1st Sgt. Richard Polley of Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.; two daughters, Barbara Monan of Mound City, and Trisha Norberg of Summit, Ark.
Also surviving are two brothers, Troy Wilburn of Kelso, Mo., Michael Wilburn of Barlow; five sisters, Shirley Black of St. Louis, Donna Jones of Metropolis, Ill., Patty Schmarje of Jackson, Linda Stevens of Frankfort, Ind., Karen Dentino of Bluford, Ga.; 10 grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his mother and a brother.
Friends may call Saturday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge from noon until time of service.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Polley Jr. officiating.