- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Letter shows lack of understanding about ozone layer
To the editor:
This letter is in regard to the letter to the editor entitled "Hole in the ozone isn't hurting anyone on Earth,"
I am shocked and saddened to see such an appalling and obvious lack of knowledge on an issue as paramount to every living person as our environment. With such prevailing ignorance of our actions, it is no wonder that our country lags behind in areas such as environmental care where it should lead.
Reading the letter again, I am very sad. Do people really believe that depletion of the ozone layer does not affect us? It appears so. Then again, people also believed that Earth was the center of the universe. Maybe we should look into that again just to make sure it's true as well.