- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Letter shows lack of understanding about ozone layer
To the editor:
This letter is in regard to the letter to the editor entitled "Hole in the ozone isn't hurting anyone on Earth,"
I am shocked and saddened to see such an appalling and obvious lack of knowledge on an issue as paramount to every living person as our environment. With such prevailing ignorance of our actions, it is no wonder that our country lags behind in areas such as environmental care where it should lead.
Reading the letter again, I am very sad. Do people really believe that depletion of the ozone layer does not affect us? It appears so. Then again, people also believed that Earth was the center of the universe. Maybe we should look into that again just to make sure it's true as well.