- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Letter shows lack of understanding about ozone layer
To the editor:
This letter is in regard to the letter to the editor entitled "Hole in the ozone isn't hurting anyone on Earth,"
I am shocked and saddened to see such an appalling and obvious lack of knowledge on an issue as paramount to every living person as our environment. With such prevailing ignorance of our actions, it is no wonder that our country lags behind in areas such as environmental care where it should lead.
Reading the letter again, I am very sad. Do people really believe that depletion of the ozone layer does not affect us? It appears so. Then again, people also believed that Earth was the center of the universe. Maybe we should look into that again just to make sure it's true as well.