- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Letter shows lack of understanding about ozone layer
To the editor:
This letter is in regard to the letter to the editor entitled "Hole in the ozone isn't hurting anyone on Earth,"
I am shocked and saddened to see such an appalling and obvious lack of knowledge on an issue as paramount to every living person as our environment. With such prevailing ignorance of our actions, it is no wonder that our country lags behind in areas such as environmental care where it should lead.
Reading the letter again, I am very sad. Do people really believe that depletion of the ozone layer does not affect us? It appears so. Then again, people also believed that Earth was the center of the universe. Maybe we should look into that again just to make sure it's true as well.