- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council action
Public hearings Held a public hearing regarding a petition for voluntary annexation presented by Gwenn L. Freitag for property in Peaceable Acres Subdivision along Cape La Croix Road.
Held a public hearing regarding the request of Eldon Nattier and James Coley for a special-use permit to convert a four-family building into a five-bed bed and breakfast at 627 S. Sprigg St.
Second and third readings)
Approved an ordinance placing a stop sign on Lisa Drive at Randol Avenue at the northeast and southwest corners, and on Randol Avenue at Melrose Avenue on the northwest corner. Approved the record plat of Ashland Court Phase 2.
Approved the record plat of Forest Hills Estates Second Addition. Authorized a signalized intersection at Fountain Street and Highway 74.
Established no parking along the south side of New Madrid Street from Henderson Avenue to North Sprigg Street.
Amended the city code to allow people to park their travel trailers in RV parks in the city for up to one year. Adopted the county's new regulations regarding septic systems.
Granted a special-use permit to Eldon G. Nattier and James F. Coley for constructing, maintaining and operating a bed and breakfast at 627 S. Sprigg St.
Resolutions Approved a demolition and asbestos abatement contract with Nip Kelley Equipment Co.
Approved an agreement with Monroe Plumbing and Heating Co. for replacement of water lines.
Appointed William Whitlock to the Board of Adjustment, Ervin Arnzen Jr. to the Airport Advisory Board and Jay Knudtson to the Cape Girardeau Parks Development Foundation.
Accepted into the city's system the sanitary sewer extension to serve an existing hangar and future hangars on the south side of the tarmac at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, and authorizing final payment to Dutch Enterprises.
Discussed issues regarding overcrowding of dwelling units.