- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. today
Study session at 5 p.m.
Public Hearings A public hearing regarding a petition for voluntary annexation presented by Gwenn L. Freitag for property in Peaceable Acres Subdivision along Cape La Croix Road.
A public hearing regarding the request of Eldon Nattier and James Coley for a special-use permit to convert a four-family building into a five-bed bed and breakfast at 627 S. Sprigg St.
(Second and third readings) An ordinance placing a stop sign on Lisa Drive at Randol Avenue at the northeast and southwest corners, and on Randol Avenue at Melrose Avenue on the northwest corner.
An ordinance approving the record plat of Ashland Court Phase 2.
An ordinance approving the record plat of Forest Hills Estates Second Addition.
An ordinance approving a signalized intersection at Fountain Street and Highway 74.
An ordinance establishing no parking along the south side of New Madrid Street from Henderson Avenue to North Sprigg Street.
(First reading) An ordinance amending the city code relating to travel trailer camps.
An ordinance adopting a new section of the city code relating to private septic systems.
An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Eldon G. Nattier and James F. Coley for constructing, maintaining and operating a bed and breakfast at 627 S. Sprigg St.
Resolutions A resolution to execute a demolition and asbestos abatement contract with Nip Kelley Equipment Co.
A resolution to execute an agreement with Monroe Plumbing and Heating Co. for replacement of water lines.
Appointments to the Board of Adjustment, Airport Advisory Board and the Cape Girardeau Parks Development Foundation.
A motion accepting into the city's system the sanitary sewer extension to serve an existing hangar and future hangars on the south side of the tarmac at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, and authorizing final payment to Dutch Enterprises.
Discussion of issues regarding overcrowding of dwelling units.