- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Juanita Ida Bechel, 89, of Chaffee died Saturday, Nov. 29, 2003, at her home.
She was born Oct. 5, 1914, at Chaffee, daughter of Levi John and Elenora Elizabeth Scheeter Bechel.
Bechel worked as a secretary at Sports Specialty Shoe Co. in Chaffee. She retired as secretary from Tucker Truck Co. in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee. Bechel also belonged to the Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include a sister, Alpha Bechel of Chaffee.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Monday; parish prayers at 7 p.m. at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery.