- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Elta Francis Berkbigler, 95, of Perryville died Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2003, at the Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Feb. 20, 1908, in Perry County, daughter of the late Louis and Mary Miget. She was married to Paul J. Berkbigler. He died Sept. 17, 1975. She was a school teacher.
Survivors include a son, Thomas Berkbigler Sr. of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Josephine Schnurbusch of Perryville; two brothers, Steve Miget of Pekin, Ill., and Weldon Miget of Perryville; two sisters, Eula Smith of Perryville and Pat Kirn of Festus, Mo.; six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, two brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville, with a parish wake service at 6 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. Monday with rosary recited at 8 a.m.
Funeral will begin at 9 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.