- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Ban cell phones like smoking
To the editor:Recently there's been a lot of concern about cell phones and the high percentage of accidents because someone is using a cell phone.
I've finally convinced my children that cell phones are dangerous in any situation. We like to think we're in control, but truthfully we're not.
I'd like to see cell phones off in all public places, including buses. Smoking, at last, is not seen in public places. Quit insulting people, sometimes even guests you're dining with, by talking into a black box. Smoking is out, and cell phones, too.
PAT MUELLER, Cape Girardeau