- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Caroline Louise Hefner, 87, of Delta died Sunday, Sept. 9, 2007, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born Nov. 27, 1919, at Bell City, Mo., daughter of George and Nellie Mae Smith Brinkman. She and Prentice Paul Hefner were married Nov. 22, 1930. He died July 29, 1972.
Hefner was a member of Church of God of Prophecy.
Survivors include a daughter, Emma Borneman of Delta; a sister, Allie Green of Bell City; eight grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and four stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a son and a great-granddaughter.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Dan Baggett officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park Cemetery in Advance, Mo.