- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Kenneth E. Burgess, 68, of Marion, Ark., formerly of Anna, Ill., died Saturday, Sept. 8, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 9, 1939, in Aurora, Ill., son of Lora Ada Philips. He married Dorothy Murray Oct. 21, 1978, in Jonesboro, Ark.
Burgess was a graduate of Vienna High School. He worked for the City of Anna and later worked for the Kroger Co. in Marion and retired in 2003.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1957 to 1960.
He is survived by his wife; five children, Russell Burgess of Marion, Jeff Ray of Anna, Rick Murray of Carterville, Ill., Bobby Murray of Carbondale, Ill., and Beverly Tanner of Berryville, Ill.; nine grandchildren; a brother, Bill Burgess of Marion; and a sister, Ruth Isom of Stuart, Fla.
Friends may call at the funeral home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday Sept. 11.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, with the Rev. Bill Perry officiating
Full military honors will be given at the graveside by the Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna.
Interment will be in the Taylor Cemetery in Vienna. Ill.