- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jessie Edna Ford, 94, of Jackson died Saturday, Sept. 8, 2007 at her home.
She was born Feb. 22, 1913, in Bethalto, Ill., daughter of August C. and Lillie Belle Klein Kasting. She married Wilson (Bill) Ford June 24, 1934. He died Aug. 2, 1997.
Ford worked for several families in Burfordville, Mo., and Bollinger County. She moved from Illinois to Glen Allen, Mo., in 1929. She was of the Baptist faith and enjoyed gardening and raising domesticated birds.
Ford is survived by a son, Joe Ford of Cape Girardeau; seven daughters, Margie Welker, Carol Lamb, Carla Ford, all of Cape Girardeau, Dana Ford, Ella Joan Pleasant, Barbara Sides, all of Jackson, and Martha Stoyanoff of Brighton, Ill.; 16 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a son and eight brothers.
Visitation will be today from 4 to 8 p.m. at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Donnie Ford officiating. Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park.