- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Modean Filer, 83, of Marble Hill, Mo., died Saturday, Sept. 8, 2007, at Elder Care of Marble Hill.
She was born April 10, 1924, in Burfordville, Mo., the daughter of Burette and Barbara Bollinger Crader. She married Jesse Fred Filer on April 8, 1950, at Piggott, Ark. He preceded her in death in January 1970.
Modean worked as the school secretary for Woodland R-4 School District until she retired in 1992. She was a member of Marble Hill United Methodist Church and the Faith Sunday School Class.
Survivors include a son, Steven C. Filer (Beverly), and a daughter, Barbara Shaver, both of Marble Hill; a sister, Imogean Stroder of Jackson; five grandchildren, Craig Filer (Jennifer) and Shara Filer, both of Marble Hill, Bianca Martin of St. Louis, Heather Ruch (John) of Jackson, and Derek Gaines of Cape Girardeau; and five great-grandchildren, Tatum Gaines, Mallory and Thomas Ruch, and Dillon and Landon Filer.
Her parents and two sisters preceded her in death.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2007, at Marble Hill United Methodist Church in Marble Hill, followed by the funeral service at 1 p.m. with the Rev. Michael Kelpe officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.