- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
It's fair time
Thank goodness the fair's here. We really needed the rain.
The Southeast Missouri District Fair starts today. Traditionally the annual event brings a few days of wet weather.
It also means several days of fun. Grandstand activities include a hot-rod truck and tractor pull tonight, a horse show Sunday afternoon, a dual demolition derby Tuesday night, the Heartland Idol finals Wednesday, a Blake Shelton concert Thursday, an REO Speedwagon concert Friday and a Pat Green concert Saturday.
The fair is always a huge draw for Cape Girardeau. We'll see you there.