- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
It's fair time
Thank goodness the fair's here. We really needed the rain.
The Southeast Missouri District Fair starts today. Traditionally the annual event brings a few days of wet weather.
It also means several days of fun. Grandstand activities include a hot-rod truck and tractor pull tonight, a horse show Sunday afternoon, a dual demolition derby Tuesday night, the Heartland Idol finals Wednesday, a Blake Shelton concert Thursday, an REO Speedwagon concert Friday and a Pat Green concert Saturday.
The fair is always a huge draw for Cape Girardeau. We'll see you there.