- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
It's fair time
Thank goodness the fair's here. We really needed the rain.
The Southeast Missouri District Fair starts today. Traditionally the annual event brings a few days of wet weather.
It also means several days of fun. Grandstand activities include a hot-rod truck and tractor pull tonight, a horse show Sunday afternoon, a dual demolition derby Tuesday night, the Heartland Idol finals Wednesday, a Blake Shelton concert Thursday, an REO Speedwagon concert Friday and a Pat Green concert Saturday.
The fair is always a huge draw for Cape Girardeau. We'll see you there.