- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Judge Patricia Breckenridge
NAME: Patricia Breckenridge
AGE: 53. Born Oct. 14, 1953, in Nevada, Mo.
EXPERIENCE: private law practice, 1978-1980; assistant municipal judge for city of Nevada, 1979-1982; associate circuit judge in Vernon County, 1982-1990; judge on the Western District of the Missouri Court of Appeals, 1990-present; chief judge of the district appeals court, 1998-2000; appointed to the Missouri Supreme Court on Friday.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in agricultural economics and law degree, both from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
FAMILY: Husband, Bryan Breckenridge.
QUOTE: "My judicial philosophy has been to follow the law, and I think that's what my record indicates."