- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Redhawks suffer four-game loss to Billikens in tourney
Southeast Missouri State's volleyball team jumped out to a quick start Friday night.
The Redhawks defeated Saint Louis University in the first game, but couldn't maintain the momentum as the Billikens won the next three in their Santo Bento Volleyball Invitational. Saint Louis won the match 25-30, 30-25, 30-18, 30-28.
Aubrey Dondlinger led the Redhawks with 16 kills and finished with a .429 hitting percentage. She also had a team-high 13 digs. Brittany Hastings added 11 kills.
Sarah Barth chipped in 37 assists and eight digs in the loss. Molly Davis had 11 digs.
The Redhawks struggled with their serving, finishing with four aces and eight errors. The Billikens took advantage on the serve with 12 aces.
Bridget Fonke led the Billikens with 21 kills.
The Redhawks return to action today when they play a pair of matches at the tournament in St. Louis.