- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Police report 9/8/07
Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* James M. Harris, 33, 1122 Ranney Ave., was arrested on suspicion of statutory sodomy and statutory rape.
* Stevie L. Walker, 30, of Forest City, Ark., was arrested on suspicion of stealing.
* Steve Hollis, 31, of Forest City, Ark., was arrested on suspicion of stealing.
* Marcus D. Barber, 22, of Forest City, Ark., was arrested on suspicion of stealing.
* Alexis D. Anderson, 23, of Forest City, Ark., was arrested on suspicion of stealing.
* Aaron S. Prosise, 24, 613 Sycamore St., Apt. C, was arrested on suspicion of domestic assault and false imprisonment.
* Michael D. Bell, 24, of Scott City was arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest by fleeing.
* Joshua E. Dibert, 32, 1105 Giboney Ave., was arrested on suspicion of unlawful use of a weapon.
* Cody L. Roberts, 20, 515 Cape Meadows Circle, No. 15, was arrested on suspicion of unlawful use of a weapon.
* Tyrice G. Mosby, 30, of Sikeston, Mo., was arrested on five Cape Girardeau warrants for contempt of court for failure to pay fines for flashing red light, careless and imprudent driving, failure to drive on the right side of the roadway, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and flashing red light.
* Anthony Lee Wilkins, 22, 943 Bellevue St., was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for failure to appear for domestic assault.
* A subject was taken into custody pending filing of formal charges for assault.
* A subject was taken into custody pending filing of formal charges for burglary/stealing.
* A subject was taken into custody pending filing of formal charges for possession of a controlled substance.
* A theft of a cell phone was reported at 507 S. Hanover St.
* A theft of a checkbook was reported in the Cape Girardeau area.
* A theft of a purse was reported at Good Hope and Hanover streets.
* A theft of a 2008 black Ford Fusion was reported at 2806 Independence St.
* A theft of a generator was reported at 915 Bloomfield St.
* A theft of a Missouri license plates was reported at 315 Broadview St.
* Theft of money was reported at 1927 N. Kingshighway.
* A theft of money was reported at 2118 William St.
* A theft of a 2004 black BMW was reported at 2808 Themis St.
* Two assaults were reported.
* A domestic assault was reported.
* A 55-year-old man was taken into protective custody.
* Failure to register as a sex offender was reported.
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Steven M. Brannan, 22, 221 Morgan St., was issued a summons for failure to maintain insurance.
* James E. Jones, 22, 629 Strawberry Lane, was issued a summons for failure to register a motor vehicle.
* Joeseph D. Strausser, 19, 1304 Oak St., was issued a summons for careless and imprudent driving.
* Richard R. Gilmore, 36, 529 Adams St., was issued a summons for failure to produce insurance, displaying plates of another vehicle, and speeding.
* Derek J. Despaine, 28, of Millersville was issued a summons for failure to drive on the right half of roadway.
* A theft was reported in the 700 block of Highland Drive.
* An assault was reported in the 500 block of South Hope Street.
* Property damage was reported on West Main Street.
* Harassment was reported at 2700 E. Jackson Blvd.