- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Shop 'n Save recalls mislabeled cooking oil
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Shop 'n Save Warehouse Foods Inc. has recalled one-gallon bottles of cooking oil that were mislabled, the St. Louis-based grocery chain said.
Store officials said bottles of its store brand peanut oil were mislabeled as "Canola Cooking Oil."
Twenty cases were removed from store shelves Tuesday, but 144 bottles were sold at some stores in the St. Louis area and Springfield, Ill.
The peanut oil is filtered to remove allergens and proteins that affect people who are allergic to peanuts and peanut oil, but the company is recalling the product as a precaution.
Those who bought the one-gallon bottles since Nov. 19 are urged to take them back to a Shop 'n Save store.