- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
A boost for CHS
Little by little, the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Foundation is raising money primarily to pay for some of the finishing touches at the new Central High School campus.
Anyone interested in the history of Central High School will appreciate the latest fund raiser: a print of Mark Farmer's drawings of the five buildings that have housed the high school over the years.
Just 300 of the signed prints are being sold, which means the limited edition will become an even more prized possession as the years go by. Call the foundation office at 651-0555 for more information. Here's a good way to own a piece of Central history while giving the new school a boost.