- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
A boost for CHS
Little by little, the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Foundation is raising money primarily to pay for some of the finishing touches at the new Central High School campus.
Anyone interested in the history of Central High School will appreciate the latest fund raiser: a print of Mark Farmer's drawings of the five buildings that have housed the high school over the years.
Just 300 of the signed prints are being sold, which means the limited edition will become an even more prized possession as the years go by. Call the foundation office at 651-0555 for more information. Here's a good way to own a piece of Central history while giving the new school a boost.