- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Lucille E. Crowell, 95, of Anna died Monday, Nov. 24, 2003, at her home.
She was born Oct. 10, 1908, in Alto Pass, Ill., daughter of Alfred and Molly Stone Doughty. She and George E. Crowell were married July 4, 1925, in Murphysboro, Ill. He died Feb. 4, 1974.
Crowell was formerly of Cobden, Ill., and a member of First Baptist Church there.
Survivors include two sons, Jack Crowell of Otterville, Mo., Gerald Crowell of Marion, Ill.; a sister, Beulah Crowell of St. Charles, Mo.; four grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by three sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery.