- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Toys 'R' Us recalls sidewalk chalk
WASHINGTON -- Toys "R" Us is recalling 50,000 packages of sidewalk chalk because the chalk contains lead at levels high enough to poison young children.
No accidents or illnesses related to the chalk have been reported, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
The chalk comes in a clear plastic backpack-style carrying case and is labeled "Chalk to Go... Totally Me! ... 24 pieces, sidewalk chalk in different colors, fun chalk shapes."
For more information, consumers can reach Toys "R" Us toll-free at (866) 274-6340, 24 hours a day.