- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Toys 'R' Us recalls sidewalk chalk
WASHINGTON -- Toys "R" Us is recalling 50,000 packages of sidewalk chalk because the chalk contains lead at levels high enough to poison young children.
No accidents or illnesses related to the chalk have been reported, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
The chalk comes in a clear plastic backpack-style carrying case and is labeled "Chalk to Go... Totally Me! ... 24 pieces, sidewalk chalk in different colors, fun chalk shapes."
For more information, consumers can reach Toys "R" Us toll-free at (866) 274-6340, 24 hours a day.