- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Ted F. Walton, 87, of Chaffee died Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 11, 1920, at Nash, Mo., son of B. and Laura Bell Ross Walton. He and Edna Le Smith were married July 6, 1960. She died April 8, 2001.
Walton retired as a foreman from the former Superior Electric in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Grace United Methodist Church at Rockview, Mo., and Chaffee Masonic Lodge 615 AF&AM.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include two sons, Gerald Walton of Millersville, Kenneth Walton of North Pole, Alaska; a brother, Elgin "Bud" Walton of Rockview; two sisters, Gladys Dees of Kansas City, Mo., Myra Mouser of Morley, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
Visitation will be after 4:30 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Revs. C.B. Stidham and Bobby Mouser officiating. Burial will be in Unity Baptist Cemetery at Benton, Mo., with full military honors to be conducted.