- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Amos Mowell, 81, of Parkin, Ark., died Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003, at Cross Ridge Community Hospital in Wynne, Ark.
He was born Jan. 25, 1922, in Bush, Ill., son of Amos and Augusta Slimer Mowell. He and Sarah Lee Dillow were married in 1946. She died Jan. 23, 1970. He and Katherine Deloris Peterson Rider were married July 3, 1982.
Mowell worked for the railroad, and was a member of First Baptist Church in Russellville, Ark. He was formerly of Dongola, Ill.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Kevin Mowell of Denver, Colo.; two daughters, Julia Mowell of Merritt Island, Fla., Rita Bellis of Melbourne, Fla.; a brother, William Mowell of Anna, Ill.; two stepsons, Kenneth Rider of Mathis, Texas, Charles Peterson of Fort Wayne, Ind.; and eight grandchildren.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in American Legion Cemetery, with military honors by VFW Post 3455 of Anna.