- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
BERNIE, Mo. -- Donald Ray Farmer, 70, of Bernie died Sunday, Nov. 23, 2003, at the VA Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born Aug. 3, 1933, son of Hershel "Jack" and Dolly Wilson Farmer. He and Mary Frances Farmer were married June 29, 1957, at Senath, Mo.
Farmer was the former head ginner at Stoddard County Cotton Co. He was a member of Bernie United Methodist Church.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Dan Farmer of Beaver Dam, Wis., Donald Farmer of Scott City, Derek Farmer of Jackson; a brother, Gerald Farmer of St. Charles, Mo.; three sisters, Anita Cullum and Phyllis Farmer of Bloomfield, Mo., Vickey Hartline of Dexter, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie, with the Rev. Susan Marner-Sides officiating. Burial will be in Missouri Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield.