- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BERNIE, Mo. -- Donald Ray Farmer, 70, of Bernie died Sunday, Nov. 23, 2003, at the VA Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born Aug. 3, 1933, son of Hershel "Jack" and Dolly Wilson Farmer. He and Mary Frances Farmer were married June 29, 1957, at Senath, Mo.
Farmer was the former head ginner at Stoddard County Cotton Co. He was a member of Bernie United Methodist Church.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Dan Farmer of Beaver Dam, Wis., Donald Farmer of Scott City, Derek Farmer of Jackson; a brother, Gerald Farmer of St. Charles, Mo.; three sisters, Anita Cullum and Phyllis Farmer of Bloomfield, Mo., Vickey Hartline of Dexter, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie, with the Rev. Susan Marner-Sides officiating. Burial will be in Missouri Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield.