- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Clara M. Statler, 93, formerly of Advance, died Sunday, Nov. 23, 2003, at Care Center of Vernon in Vernon, Ala.
She was born April 20, 1910, at Zalma, Mo., daughter of Amos and Nettie Vance Walker. She and Elvis Statler were married April 9, 1965. He died Aug. 17, 1988.
Survivors include a brother and his wife, Lewis and Jean Walker of Vernon and several nieces and nephews.
Her caregivers were Peggy and Roy Minor, Judy and Kenneth Hattaway of Vernon, and Neola and Roy Haynie of Advance.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter, her parents, two sisters and four brothers.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Keith Price officiating. Burial will be in Berrong Cemetery near Zalma.