- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Wilma Pauline Benton, 89, of Chaffee died Saturday, Sept. 1, 2007, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born June 26, 1918, at Tanner, Mo., daughter of Charles Emmit and Tillie Emeline Harmon Romine. She and Wilfred Louis Anselm were married Jan. 28, 1937. He died June 17, 1953. She and William Lee Benton were married Sept. 26, 1957. He died July 2, 1970.
Benton retired as a machine operator from Florsheim Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church, daughters of St. Ambrose and Chaffee VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include three sons, Raymond and Robert "Bob" Anselm of Willow, Alaska, Steve Benton of Chaffee; a sister, Naomi Myers of Bethalto, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by six brothers, a sister and two great-grandsons.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.