- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Eugene A. Russell, 83, of Anna died Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2007, at Illinois Veterans Home in Anna.
He was born Sept. 18, 1923, in Saline County, son of Earl and Ida Mae Crowder Russell. He and Lillian Alberta Sitter were married Dec. 1, 1945, in Eldorado, Ill. She died Aug. 19, 2001.
Russell farmed in the Anna area.
He was a sergeant with the U.S. Army during World War II, and participated in the battles of Normandy, North France, Ardennes, Rhineland and Central Europe.
Survivors include a sister, Opal Cummins of Eldorado, and a brother, Lester Russell of Michigan.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Friday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Bill Littrel officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery with military honors conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3838.