- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Biehle era ends
After 12 years, the village of Biehle in Perry County has been officially wiped off the map.
Twelve years ago, Biehle's handful of residents got the village incorporated to pay for a fire district. The popular Buchheit store was the sole provider of the sales tax that once enabled Biehle to pay for its basic operating costs. Now the store has moved most of its sales to Perryville and Jackson locations.
Although there has been a Biehle community for about a century, its short life as a village has officially come to an end, leaving a legacy of good memories and a local fire district.