- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Biehle era ends
After 12 years, the village of Biehle in Perry County has been officially wiped off the map.
Twelve years ago, Biehle's handful of residents got the village incorporated to pay for a fire district. The popular Buchheit store was the sole provider of the sales tax that once enabled Biehle to pay for its basic operating costs. Now the store has moved most of its sales to Perryville and Jackson locations.
Although there has been a Biehle community for about a century, its short life as a village has officially come to an end, leaving a legacy of good memories and a local fire district.