- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
People talk 11/25/03
Blanchett performances spark talk of Oscar
BOSTON -- Cate Blanchett is getting reviews for "The Missing" that match the raves she received for "Veronica Guerin." "The Missing," opening Wednesday, stars Blanchett as a frontierswoman trying to rescue her kidnapped daughter. In "Veronica Guerin," she played the real-life Irish journalist killed for her reporting about drug dealers. The betting for many Hollywood insiders is on which role will earn her a best-actress nomination.
'View' hosts vote on replacement for Ling
NEW YORK -- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who made it to the finale on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," is the new co-host on "The View." Barbara Walters said she and the other hosts took a vote, then held up scraps of paper with the name "Elisabeth" written on them in a send-up of the tribal council vote on "Survivor."
Actress faces disorderly intoxication charge
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Yancy Butler, who starred in the canceled TNT series "Witchblade," was ordered Monday to enter a drug treatment program after her arrest for disorderly intoxication. Butler was jailed Saturday after cars had to swerve to avoid hitting her as she wandered in and out of traffic.
-- From wire reports