- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
People talk 11/25/03
Blanchett performances spark talk of Oscar
BOSTON -- Cate Blanchett is getting reviews for "The Missing" that match the raves she received for "Veronica Guerin." "The Missing," opening Wednesday, stars Blanchett as a frontierswoman trying to rescue her kidnapped daughter. In "Veronica Guerin," she played the real-life Irish journalist killed for her reporting about drug dealers. The betting for many Hollywood insiders is on which role will earn her a best-actress nomination.
'View' hosts vote on replacement for Ling
NEW YORK -- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who made it to the finale on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," is the new co-host on "The View." Barbara Walters said she and the other hosts took a vote, then held up scraps of paper with the name "Elisabeth" written on them in a send-up of the tribal council vote on "Survivor."
Actress faces disorderly intoxication charge
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Yancy Butler, who starred in the canceled TNT series "Witchblade," was ordered Monday to enter a drug treatment program after her arrest for disorderly intoxication. Butler was jailed Saturday after cars had to swerve to avoid hitting her as she wandered in and out of traffic.
-- From wire reports