- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
People talk 11/25/03
Blanchett performances spark talk of Oscar
BOSTON -- Cate Blanchett is getting reviews for "The Missing" that match the raves she received for "Veronica Guerin." "The Missing," opening Wednesday, stars Blanchett as a frontierswoman trying to rescue her kidnapped daughter. In "Veronica Guerin," she played the real-life Irish journalist killed for her reporting about drug dealers. The betting for many Hollywood insiders is on which role will earn her a best-actress nomination.
'View' hosts vote on replacement for Ling
NEW YORK -- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who made it to the finale on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," is the new co-host on "The View." Barbara Walters said she and the other hosts took a vote, then held up scraps of paper with the name "Elisabeth" written on them in a send-up of the tribal council vote on "Survivor."
Actress faces disorderly intoxication charge
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Yancy Butler, who starred in the canceled TNT series "Witchblade," was ordered Monday to enter a drug treatment program after her arrest for disorderly intoxication. Butler was jailed Saturday after cars had to swerve to avoid hitting her as she wandered in and out of traffic.
-- From wire reports