- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
People talk 11/25/03
Blanchett performances spark talk of Oscar
BOSTON -- Cate Blanchett is getting reviews for "The Missing" that match the raves she received for "Veronica Guerin." "The Missing," opening Wednesday, stars Blanchett as a frontierswoman trying to rescue her kidnapped daughter. In "Veronica Guerin," she played the real-life Irish journalist killed for her reporting about drug dealers. The betting for many Hollywood insiders is on which role will earn her a best-actress nomination.
'View' hosts vote on replacement for Ling
NEW YORK -- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who made it to the finale on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," is the new co-host on "The View." Barbara Walters said she and the other hosts took a vote, then held up scraps of paper with the name "Elisabeth" written on them in a send-up of the tribal council vote on "Survivor."
Actress faces disorderly intoxication charge
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Yancy Butler, who starred in the canceled TNT series "Witchblade," was ordered Monday to enter a drug treatment program after her arrest for disorderly intoxication. Butler was jailed Saturday after cars had to swerve to avoid hitting her as she wandered in and out of traffic.
-- From wire reports