- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)39
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)34
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
People talk 11/25/03
Blanchett performances spark talk of Oscar
BOSTON -- Cate Blanchett is getting reviews for "The Missing" that match the raves she received for "Veronica Guerin." "The Missing," opening Wednesday, stars Blanchett as a frontierswoman trying to rescue her kidnapped daughter. In "Veronica Guerin," she played the real-life Irish journalist killed for her reporting about drug dealers. The betting for many Hollywood insiders is on which role will earn her a best-actress nomination.
'View' hosts vote on replacement for Ling
NEW YORK -- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who made it to the finale on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," is the new co-host on "The View." Barbara Walters said she and the other hosts took a vote, then held up scraps of paper with the name "Elisabeth" written on them in a send-up of the tribal council vote on "Survivor."
Actress faces disorderly intoxication charge
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Yancy Butler, who starred in the canceled TNT series "Witchblade," was ordered Monday to enter a drug treatment program after her arrest for disorderly intoxication. Butler was jailed Saturday after cars had to swerve to avoid hitting her as she wandered in and out of traffic.
-- From wire reports