- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
COBDEN, Ill. -- Juanita Johnson, 80, of Cobden died Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003, at her home.
She was born Aug. 19, 1923, at Cobden, daughter of Clarence Franklin and Edna Estelle Pearson Aldridge. She and James Henry Johnson were married Feb. 1, 1941, at Jackson, Mo. He died Nov. 4, 1978.
She attended Immanuel Baptist Church in Cobden and also was a member of the Ladies Auxiliary of the Anna Moose Lodge, chapter 1181.
Survivors include three daughters, Edna Hand of Cobden, Millie DeWitt of Ullin, Ill., and Betty Cowsert of Jonesboro, Ill.; a brother, Ray Aldridge of Carmi, Ill.; 14 grandchildren and 24 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and two sisters.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden. A memorial service will be at 6:30 p.m. at the funeral home, held by the Anna Moose Lodge Chapter 1181 Ladies Auxiliary.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Donald Pearson and Mike Alexander officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.